The PC (Windows 10) does not recognize the docking station, even after taking the steps found on other forum posts: 1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
3. Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe )
4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
5. Now download and install the 9.0 M1 DisplayLink software (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.0+M1.exe )
6. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Whether I connect it to USBC or USB3.0 it gives the same error
I have reinstalled all graphics drivers, changed graphics card settings, and ensured my USB controller is working (I have a hub with other USBs plugged into it, and they are all recognized). I only have a display port monitor connected to the Plugable hub, but even without it I still get the same error.