USB device malfunctioned

Hello,

I just purchased my plugable. I am getting a message that “The last USB device you connected to this PC has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it.”. After power cycling and plugging/unplugging I am still getting the same message.

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Plugable forums!

At this point, I’d like to request two pieces of information so that we can best investigate further:

1. What is the Amazon Order ID associated with your Plugable device?
  2. Could you please keep the Plugable device connected to your system (with everything still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

Please do not post this information on our public forums, but rather send it through an email to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line: “Ticket 284270”

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Hi - I have the same error on the device that I recently purchased from Amazon. Please advise my next steps.

Hi NaTasha,

Thanks for posting!

Could you please let me know the specific make and model of the Plugable device you recently purchased? This can usually be found on a white label beneath the unit.

Thanks!

Mitchell

SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Dual Monitor Docking Station Model UD-3900

As you may have seen around our forums, the first steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and test for functionality

If this helps, great! If not, please reach out to us at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and we can take the next steps from there.

Thanks!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.