USB Charging Port not maintaining power

About a year ago I purchased a Plugable 3.0 7 port hub with charging Model USB3-HUB7BC and while it was charging it go so hot that the devices housing melted. I was sent a replacement that I haven’t used until today because I haven’t had a need for it. Today, I plugged the replacement in so I could charge multiple iPads at once so I can wipe them out and get them off our student network at the school I work at. Well, the replacement hub is not maintaining power. I’m using the 12v power cable that came with the device. The charging cable has a green light indicating its getting power and the green light will stay fully on and bright while it is not plugged into the hub, but once its plugged into the hub and the power button is depressed, the blue light indicator on the device will turn on briefly then it will turn off, then on again and off again, kind of like the voltage is fluxuating. After having 2 of the same devices have power based issues, is this a common problem with this model? Is this something that can be fixed or troubleshooted? I have even tried reducing the number of ipads I had on the charger, thinking maybe they’re drawing too much power, and its not resolving the issue.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’m sorry to hear about these issues! I’d be more than happy to assist you.

I believe that we’re going to want to this hub back for inspection and also send you a pretested replacement right away.

This product generally has had a very low failure rate over its lifetime, power issues with these hubs are not common, but we do see failures on occasion. Getting two defective hubs is almost unheard of. I’m terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

I’ll email you directly to get some information so we can start the replacement process.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer
Plugable Technologies

http://plugable.com | http://performance.plugable.com/

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.