USB-C Triple display - Slow USB keyboard response

I have a model UD-ULTCDL USB-C Triple Display Docking station with two DVi monitors, one using a displayport to DVI adapter. There is USB keyboard and headset plugged in connecting to a Surface Go 8Gb running Windows 10 Pro. All applications are functioning with the exception of the keyboard buffering mildly in most apps but extremely slow (1 to 2 sec lag) using a Java based web app.

When the app is executed on the Surface GO without the dock plugged in it works fine.

What do i need to do to remedy the situation? I am real close to deploying this setup across my entire call center.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting FAQ on our website about issues like this. I’d like to try and see if it can help in your case:

Problem: My wired (or wireless) mouse and/or keyboard are experiencing lag/latency (jumpy/jerky mouse pointer movement, missing key-presses, duplicate key-presses, etc) when connected to the dock.

Solution: Dell released a patch that changes a Windows Registry entry related to the Intel Management Engine that is not Dell exclusive which has resolved these issues for several of our customers using a range of different host systems from different manufacturers. We recommend to try installing this patch if you have some of the aforementioned issues:
https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03471411M/13/Dell_Dock_USB_TYPE-C_PATCH_2K0JJ_A00_SETUP_ZPE.exe

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.