USB-C not charging laptop

I recently bought the UD-3900Z and it is not charging my laptop a Lenovo T490. I confirmed that it does support USB-C charging as I had another docking station and it was powering the laptop. My docking station does have the blue light on and is working due to my monitor connected, keyboard, and mouse connected to it. It is solely the charging that is not working.

We can close the ticket. I tried a new cable and it worked.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry for the trouble you were having, but I’m glad to hear it sounds like you found a solution.

Unfortunately the UD-3900Z is not capable of charging the computer it’s connected to since it doesn’t support Power Delivery over USB-C. In order to charge a computer while the UD-3900Z is connected, it would be necessary to connect the computer’s charging in conjunction with the dock.

This information is listed within the “Compatibility” feature on the product page:

You can find this here: https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900z

My apologies for any frustration this may cause. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.