USB C Docking station HDMI not working.

Up until a few weeks ago the station ran 100% with a Dell XPS 13, connected to 2x 1080p external displays via the dock.

The 2k HDMI port randomly started disconnecting, every few hours. It’s now gotten to the point where it disconnects every few seconds. It’s unusable.

I’ve tried all the new drivers, and firmware upgrade on my thunderbolt controller.

Should I send the unit back?

Hi Fanie,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry that you have been running into this issue as of late, but I would be happy to assist!

Based on the description of the issue, and the individual port that is having issues, I think taking a look at the log files from out PlugDebug application is a good first step. When you have a moment, could you visit www.plugable.com/support/plugdebug and download and run the application, and then attach the .zip file that is outputted to an email, and then send it to support@plugable.com. If you could, please put “Ticket no 191107” as the subject line.

Also, does the issue still occur if you put the system into airplane mode, and then utilize just the Ethernet port on the USB-C docking station?

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to contact Fanie to see if we could work through some troubleshooting and help resolve the issue, but we have not heard any information or reply back.

If Fanie, or anyone else, would like to resolve any similar issues, please feel free to contact us via support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to perform troubleshooting steps or provide answers to any questions!

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support