usb c docking station connection problem

hi I got a plugable usb c docking station for Christmas and when I plug the usb c lead into the host port its meant to go in the computer flashes on and off every second as if it is going on and off charge. it was working fine the first day I go it then ever since its been doing this when I try and plug it in I have made shore all plugs are plugged in firmly and also I took the usb c lead out the back and plugged it into the port at the front and it works fine like this and charges the laptop without flashing so can’t be a doggy lead or doggy power to the box. any ideas ?

Hello James,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We sell two models of USB-C docks, which model do you have?

If you haven’t already done so, fully unplug the dock from all devices, power, and USB-C cable to the host computer. Then reconnect the power cable first, USB-C host cable next, and USB devices last. Sometimes a reset in this order can resolve this issue.

Also, what brand and model computer are you trying to use with the dock?

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

I have this one
PLUGABLE USB-C TRIPLE DISPLAY DOCKING STATION WITH DISPLAYLINK USB GRAPHICS, ALT MODE VIDEO OUTPUT, AND PD CHARGING

I did already tryed that but just tried it again and it is still doing the same thing

I’m useing the new MacBook Pro 13inch

?? anyone have anymore ideas ?

Hi James,

Sorry for my delayed reply over the long holiday weekend.

Assuming that you are using the USB-C cable that the dock shipped with and you are still having this issue after power cycling the dock, I’d like to try sending you a pretested replacement docking station. I will need to collect some private information.

Can you send the following information to support@plugable.com for me?

-Shipping address
-Amazon Order ID
-Serial # off the bottom of the dock

Thank you,
Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies