USB-C Dock randomly (and frequently) disconnecting

Hi!

I recently bought the USB-C 4K Docking Station. I only have 1 HDMI monitor currently plugged in, along with 4 USB 3.0 devices, and audio out to speakers. My problem is that the Dock is randomly and more frequently disconnecting and reconnecting. I find that my ethernet connection is significantly slower than my Wifi connection speed, which could certainly be an upstream problem on my network. But disconnecting and reconnecting is a hassle and creates problems while on GoTo Meeting presentations, which I do regularly. This dock is plugged into a new MacBook Pro 15" via the USB-C cable. Any suggestions on how to repair this issue would be great!

Hello Jeff, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of this behavior and I will be happy to help.

Can you let us know the version of MacOS you are running?

Would you be able to let us know the model of monitor you are using?

If you haven’t tried already, one thing is to see if preforming an SMC or NVRAM reset on your MacBook Pro helps resolve this issue. Apple has guides here –> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295 and here –> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063 for resetting these respectively.

If those resets do not help the next steps will be to send you a replacement dock to make sure that the HDMI port (and Ethernet port) are working properly. I will reach out directly to your email used on our forums if the SMC and NVRAM resets do not help to facilitate this process.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Sorry for my delay in responding. I unplugged my ethernet cable and it works fine. I have not had time to change the cable to see if that is the problem. Once I trouble shoot my ethernet and/or switch that it is plugged into, then I will see if I think it is an issue with my unit. I just haven’t had that time yet.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the update and sounds good.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support