USB-C cable to connect laptop to UD-3900 dock?

I have UD-3900 docks at home and work and carry my laptop back and forth (or used to when we didn’t live and work at home 24x7). I just upgraded laptops. New one only has the smaller USB-C female plugs. My UD’3900 USB cable seems to be working with the USB-A to USB-C adapter but I’m getting some freezing/not recognizing my Logitech wireless mouse when it’s all first connected. After about 30 seconds the mouse functionality comes back. All drivers on laptop + Logitech + Plugable refreshed yesterday. Is there a cable available that can do this without the useless adapter?

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting!

We’ve been in contact over email, but I just want update this topic with the latest details. Since we were dealing with a wireless mouse and keyboard, we suspected there could be an RF interference issue occurring as the receiver for the peripherals most likely operate on the 2.4GHz frequency band. We have a blog post that speaks to this in more detail (https://plugable.com/2017/03/17/troubleshooting-wi-fi-performance-and-wireless-keyboard-mouse-issues-on-usb-docking-stations/).

This can often be remedied by removing the Logitech USB wireless receiver from the front USB 3.0 port and placing the receiver in one of the top-most USB 2.0 ports on the back of the dock.

This appears to have helped, but we’re still seeing if we can do better.

Thank you!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.