The dock when connected to computer will not charge and will not display triple display. It worked before and now it does not. I even tried on two different macbooks that both worked with the dock. It will not charge and I even tried to use a different USBC cable and that did not work either. Just confused why the dock still has a blue light for power but will not charge and will not display like it did before. Frustrating!!!
I even tried to unplug all the cables from the dock and power it down for over 60 seconds but still nothing. why is this happening
I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!
Based on your description I would like to start by resetting the docking station and computer to see if this helps to restore the functionality, please perform the following:
- Disconnect the docking station from the computer and remove the power connection from the back of the docking station, unplug all USB devices from the docking station
- Disconnect the docking station’s power supply from the wall and let both the docking station and power supply sit for 30-90 seconds to fully discharge
- Restart the computer
3a) In macOS: Apple Menu > Restart
- After 30-90 seconds, reconnect the power supply to the wall socket or power
- Reconnect the power supply to the docking station
5a) Verify the blue power LED is illuminated on the front of the docking station, please let me know if this does not come on when connected
- Reconnect the docking station to the computer
6a) Please be sure to use the original USB-C cable provided with the docking station
6b) Connect the cable directly from the USB-C port on the back of the docking station to the computer, adapters, hubs, or cable extensions may reduce the docking station’s capabilities or prevent detection
- Check for the external displays to be detected on the system, if they are not detected please let me know
- Reconnect USB devices to the docking station one at a time, test each device to make sure it is working before connecting the next device.
Please let me know if this helps,
I just followed all these steps and nothing is working. No monitors are detected and the macbook does not even detect a charge. The blue light is illuminated on the docking system but it will not establish a connection to the host computer
I am sorry the reset has not helped. Just to double-check, is the USB-C cable connected from the docking station’s rear USB-C port to the laptop ( on the back of the docking station just above the power port )? The front USB-C port is for devices only and cannot be used to connect to a host computer.
I recommend contacting our support team directly via email to start the warranty process for this docking station. Please send an email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #364719 - Attention Pat’. In the body of the email please let me know the following to start the warranty replacement process:
- Please let me know the Amazon Order ID ( available from amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the ( in the form of “###-######-#######” ).
- The serial number from the bottom of the docking station in the form of “K##-#######”
- Finally, your preferred shipping address for receiving the replacement , for addresses outside of the United States please include a phone number we can provide the shipper in case they need to contact you to arrange delivery.
Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience and the delay in replying over the holiday weekend.
We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.