USB-C 4K randomly loosing cursor on external monitor and dropping internet

I am randomly loosing the cursor showing up on my Dell (3840x216) plugged into the USB-C 4k device from my Surface Laptop 3 (15" version) and at the same time the landline connection drops and I automatically switch over to my Wi-Fi connection (which sucks during a conference call). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver per a different discussion but that does not seem to make any difference. My other dell widescreen (3440x1440) seems to work just fine and never looses the cursor)

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting!

Firstly, can you confirm that you are using the original USB-C cable that came with the dock?

Next, can you let me know if your Surface Laptop 3 has all the latest updates from Microsoft? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4526150/surface-laptop-3-update-history

This is important because there has been updates to address issues with the USB-C port on the computer.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Thanks for the reply. I am using the original cable and my Surface is fully updated.

Thanks for getting back to me.

At this point, I’d like to request some logs from your Surface Laptop 3 to investigate further. Could you please navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com and include “Ticket #312637” in the subject.

Thank you!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

As an update, after diagnosing logs from the computer, we sent the customer a warranty replacement unit which no longer is experiencing these problems.

For any other customers seeing issues similar to this, please contact us at support@plugable.com or open a new topic on our forums. We’re glad to help.

Mitchell