USB-C 2k HDMI port not working

Hello,
I have read and reviewed all of the previous comments with similar problems but I have yet to come up with a solution to my problem. I just purchased the USB-C Triple Display docking station, but my MacBook is not getting signal to the monitor connected into the 2k HDMI port. I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the driver intended for my software. I have checked all cables to make sure they are not faulty. I am just trying to get my studio workstation set up and need some help.

Thanks.

Hi!

Thanks for joining our forums, we’re always happy to help.

It sounds like you’re using our UD-ULTCDL triple display dock, however this dock is not recommended for use with macOS since the software necessary can be difficult to install and does not work for all users. The 4K HDMI output on this dock is powered by the computers onboard graphics, so this port should work normally on your Mac. The 2K HDMI and DVI outputs are powered by the DisplayLink chip-set in the docking station and require the DisplayLink software to be installed and configured on your system. DisplayLink devices can be used on macOS devices so I’ll list the instructions page for installing the software on macOS below. https://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink/mac/#install_catalina

I hope this information helps and please let us know whether you’re still seeing any issues or let us know if you’d like to return the Plugable device.

Thanks!
-Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.