USB-C 2 and 4k was working and stopped

Hello, I have been running a HP Spectre through a USB-C using both the 2 and 4k HDMI ports without issue for over 2 months. This morning, the 4K will not detect. I can connect the 2k and monitor will come up, once 4 k is added they both go blank. Suggestions? I tried a cable swap, power down, restarts etc. I have also done the debug and email it this morning

This customer reached out to us directly over email and we were able to come to a resolution.

One issue was that one of the connected monitors were set to “disconnected” in the Windows Display settings. We resolved that by following these steps:

1. Close or minimize any open windows
  2. Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings from the drop down menu
  3. Under Select and rearrange displays, select the “greyed out” display from the diagram that you are having issues with a single left-click on the icon. You can click “Identify” to help you understand which monitor corresponds to which number label
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and select Extend these displays from the drop down under Multiple displays

While that fixed one monitor, the other monitor connected to the HDMI 4K port would continually revert back to a “disconnected” state. To fix this, we re-installed the internal graphics driver of the computer using HP’s graphics driver for the particular model.

I’ll be closing this thread, but for any other questions or concerns, please feel free to post a new topic or reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com. We’re glad to help.

Thanks!

Mitchell

1 Like