USB-BT4LE on Windows 10 to receive audio from TV using Aventree Audikast BT Transmitter on TV

Goal is to Bluetooth transmit my Samsung TV audio (optical) to my PC (that has all my best audio equipment). The TV will be the transmitter and the PC the receiver. The TV has no built in Bluetooth so I’m using a Avantree Audikast hooked to the TV’s optical port. The PC doesn’t have built in Bluetooth either so it gets the USB-BT4LE.

I’ve been trying to make this work for a week, now have a bucket full of BT parts, and have run out of ideas.

PC using Windows 10 version 1809 (all updates installed as of 4/15/2019). USB-BT4LE on a USB 2.0 port, seems to properly install itself under Windows 10 (no additional BT software installed). Looks normal in Device Manager.

Let’s start with what does work. I have a BT earbud that pairs with my PC (USB-BT4LE) and works. The same BT earbud also pairs fine with a tablet. The earbud also pairs fine and works with the BT transmitter Avantree Audikast hooked to the optical port of my Samsung TV. I get the audio on the earbud fine.

What doesn’t work is any attempt to receive sound at the PC from the TV (or any other source of audio). All attempts to pair fail.

The pattern seems to be that the PC will pair fine if the PC is the transmitter of the audio. But any attempt to receive audio at the PC fails to pair.

When attempting to pair the Avantree Audikast BT transmitter, the transmitter just keeps blinking blue/red which indicates it isn’t paired yet. The PC refuses to show the Avantree Audikast device when the PC does the scan for new Bluetooth devices.

Other sources of audio also fail to pair, for example trying to send audio from a tablet or cellphone to the PC. Sending audio FROM the PC works, but sending audio TO the PC always fails to pair.

I have also tried a TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver. It can be either a transmitter or a receiver, selected with a switch. It will pair with the PC when switched to receiver, but fails to pair when set to transmitter.

Any idea how I can get this to work?

Bruce.

Hello Bruce,

Based on the information provided, the primary issue is likely that the PC isn’t discoverable via Bluetooth since Windows doesn’t enable itself to Bluetooth discovery by default. This default state means you can pair devices to your PC, but other devices such as phones, computers, and audio transmitters, won’t see the computer as a resource to pair with.

Another issue is that the default drivers for Windows 10 don’t allow the PC to act as a Bluetooth sink device for A2DP audio.

Lastly, given that you’ve used a ‘bucket of Bluetooth parts’, the Bluetooth stack in Windows is probably something of a mess. Windows is very sensitive to driver conflicts with regards to Bluetooth.

Please contact us at support@plugable.com and reference case #270478. Include your Amazon Order ID for the Bluetooth adapter, and run our diagnostic program. It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me better understand the current state of your system and the Bluetooth stack.

To do this, please have the adapter plugged into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Attach the file it generates to the message you send to support@plugable.com

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.