USB Bluetooth dongle does not allow my Windows 10 computer to see my stereo

I just bought a Samsung MX-J630 stereo (Bluetooth enabled) and a Plugable USB Bluetooth adapter to pair it to my new stereo so I can play my computer sounds through it. My laptop sees the stereo (it has built-bluetooth), but my desktop computer cannot see it. It can see my printer and my laptop, but not the stereo. How can I fix this? I really need to use that stereo for the sound on my computer because I play all my music on the desktop computer.

Hello Denise,

An issue we commonly see with failures to pair to audio equipment over Bluetooth is that the audio device has already been paired with something else. Often times this might be a phone or tablet.

If you have paired your speaker with another device such as a phone or tablet, I would suggest temporarily disabling Bluetooth on that device, then try going through the pairing process using your computer again.

If this does not work, could you run our diagnostic program? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what is happening.

To do this, please have the adapter plugged into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Send the log to support@plugable.com with the subject “For #147020

Thanks!