USB Audio Dongle in Ubunbtu 18.04 - location of device folder

Hello,

I have a Plugable USB audio dongle plugged into my SuperMicro computer:

Base Board Information
Manufacturer: Supermicro
Product Name: X10SLV-Q

I believe I have located the USB device in lsusb:

Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0d8c:0014 C-Media Electronics, Inc.

I have an application that needs to point to the driver - and I though I found it at:

/dev/bus/usb/004

However, when I start the application (WebSDR) I get the following message regarding the audio driver:

, Can’t set audio data format to 16 bit little-endian.
, Can’t select 2 input channels.
, Can’t set fragmentsize.
, Can’t set input sample rate to 48000.

Am I pointing to the correct /dev location for this device?

Best regards,

Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I do apologize for any trouble you’ve had. With respect, I do need to clarify that we have not tested this board or the program out and cannot directly guarantee compatibility.

The Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0d8c:0014 C-Media Electronics, Inc, is the correct device and I get the same printout (except for the device number of course) and it definitely seems you are pointing to the correct location. May I ask, does the board have built in audio?

Do you get any errors when trying the built in audio? This may seem very basic to ask, but is the adapter set as both the input/output device? I’ve tested the adapter with multiple versions of Ubuntu, and confirm it is compatible. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.