Hi Adam, thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this issue and I will be happy to help.
We’ll want to make sure that the software used by our dock is in a good state on the new computer. Please follow the DisplayLink cleaner steps below:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=64
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 865 M1 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+8.6+M1.exe
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Please let us know if these steps help or not and we will proceed from there.