USB 3.0 UGA not working

I installed the plugable usb 3 uga on my windows 7 computer but for some reason nothing displays on the screen.
I have the latest drivers and the latest software (6.3) but I cannot see the displaylink icon on the taskbar and I just can’t get it to work.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for contacting Plugable Support. We’re here to help.

We’re sorry that the USB3-HDMI-DVI isn’t providing the proper experience. We are not recommending the DisplayLink 6.3 drivers at this time. Here’s what to do to downgrade.

1. Disconnect the USB3-HDMI-DVI adapter.

2. Please use the DisplayLink Cleaner Tool linked here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ti… to remove the 6.3 drivers.

3. Install the 6.2M2 drivers from http://www.displaylink.com/support/sl…. This is our recommended DispayLink driver release for Plugable USB 3.0 graphics adapters. The 6.2M2 release is not without its problems but generally seems more stable.

4. Attach the adapter. Make sure it is connected directly to a USB port on your PC or through a hub with a power supply. Don’t attach it to a hub without a power supply, as you won’t get enough power to run the adapter.

Let us know if this solve the problem. If not, we’ll provided additional troubleshooting procedures. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you’ve faced so far and will do our best to get everything working as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

Aaron,

Thanks for your quick response.
I did as you told me and downgraded to version 6.2M2.

Unfortunately it is still not working and every 10 seconds the device is connecting and disconnecting (I can hear the device found and device disconnected sound from windows).

What else can I do? I still don ́t see the display link icon on the task bar either

Thanks

I’m sorry that the driver change didn’t fix things.

Can you tell me whether you’re connecting the USB3-HDMI-DVI directly to a USB port on your PC or through a USB hub?

If you’re connecting through a hub, does the hub have its own power supply? Are any other devices connected to the hub?

The next step might be to have you run a diagnostic tool on your PC, but I’ll wait to hear back from you to determine if that’s the appropriate action.

Best Regards,

Aaron

I am connecting it directly to a USB 3.0 port on the computer.
The computer is a foxconn nT-A3700.

Thanks for that info. We haven’t seen the USB 3.0 graphics adapter used on any other system with the AMD integrated USB 3.0 chipset in this computer, so I want to first determine if we’re running into some previously undiscovered USB 3.0 incompatibility.

Can you plug the USB3-HDMI-DVI into one of the USB 2.0 ports and tell us what happens?

Also, do you have other USB devices attached into the USB 3.0 ports? If the adapter works through USB 2.0 ports, can you try it again on the USB 3.0 ports with no other devices attached there? I want to see if we’re hitting a power issue. What happens?

Thanks for your engagement in the support process.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

There is no other USB 3.0 device connected and only a wireless keybord is connected to the USB 2.0 port.

When I connected the display adapter to the USB 2 port nothing happend (just like when connected to the USB 3 port). The only difference is that it is no longer connecting and disconnecting every 10 secs as it used to even when plugging it back to the USB 3 port.

The usb display adapter shows in the device manager window in both cases (device working correctly) but nothing shows up in the tv connected to it nor does the display link adapter show up in the task bar.

thanks

Hi. Can you run the support tool that is linked at http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis… and send the compressed output as an attachment in e-mail to support@plugable.com?

If you could put a link to this thread in the body of that e-mail and also include 1) the serial number of your unit and 2) the Amazon order ID for the purchase, we’ll get everything taken care of.

Sorry again for all the hassles.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

To anyone who comes across this thread, upgrading to the new DisplayLink 6.3M1 drivers for Windows solved the problem: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph…