USB 3.0 UGA Duplicate display condenses

I purchased your Plugable USB 3.0 UGA to use with my Sony VAIO 20 inch touch screen all-in-one computer because it only has USB, no HDMI or VGA. When I connect to another display monitor as a second projection screen and use duplicate, the display on the second monitor condenses to a thin widescreen display and is not a very clear image. Is there a solution for this?

Hi Craig,

Thanks for posting your question here! Windows will allow you to set the native resolution of the external monitor if you are in Extend mode or in Second Screen only (or Projector only) mode.

When you are in duplicate mode, Windows sets the same resolution for both the displays and by default it is the recommended resolution of the primary display (here Sony).

The native resolution and the aspect ratio of the monitor may be different from that of the primary display.

You could try changing the resolution of the primary display and see which would be the best resolution for the monitor that is in duplicate mode.

Here is a link that shows how to change the screen resolution on Windows 8 :http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windo…

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, please shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze