usb 3.0 & power supply

hi - i just got a plugable usb 3.0 – but it does not seem to power my pc (Lenovo Y700) anything special I should be doing? thanks

Hi Stacy, thanks for posting! Unfortunately, our UD-3900 docking station is not able to provide power to a laptop and you will need to use the adapter that came with your Lenovo Y700. We do our best to call this out on the Amazon Listing and our product page, but we are always looking for ways to better communicate this technical detail and any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

We certainly do not want you to be stuck with a device that does not meet your needs, and we offer a 30-day no hassle return policy via Amazon.com/returns. If your purchase is outside of this 30 day window, we would be happy to assist with a return for refund. Please just reach out to our direct support email at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 152918’ in the subject line so we can match everything up and please include your Amazon Order ID for your purchase in the body of the email and we will go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

thanks so much for the reply - I guess I did miss that part – out of curiosity do you have another product that would power my pc as well? Thanks, S.

I took a look at the available input ports for your Lenovo laptop and, unfortunately, we do not offer a product that is able to provide power to your system.

Sorry that we couldn’t be of more help!

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

All good - you helped a lot - I’ll just get an addl ac adapter!
Thanks, S.