USB 3.0 Hub not recognized on Dell Latitude 5480

Hi - I just received a new laptop at work, a Dell Latitude 5480, running Windows 10. My old docking station no longer worked for the new laptop so I purchased the UD-3900. I hooked my two monitors, ethernet cable and headphones. When I plug in the usb from the docking station to my pc, I receive a message that the USB is not recognized by Windows. I tried the instructions provided on another post and uninstalled the display link software, downloaded and ran the cleaner, rebooted my pc, reinstalled the display link at the site indicated and reconnect the usb to my laptop. I still receive the same message that the usb is not recognized. Any solutions?

Hello,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry to hear things are not working as expected with your new docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the troubleshooting you have already performed that is much appreciated.

Based on your description of the behavior our next step is to get some additional information. If you would, please keep everything connected (even though not working) and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #262056’ in the subject line. This will allow us to match things up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Please also include your Amazon Order ID number for the docking station purchase in your direct email.

** Please do not post either the PlugDebug or Amazon Order ID number in our public forum **

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks. Email sent with Zip file and Amazon Order ID. Di

Thanks for the update, however we do not appear to have received any emails from you directly.

Can you double-check that you sent the email to support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #262056’ in the subject line?

A important note, in some instances corporate/business email systems may prevent emails with .ZIP file attachments (such as our PlugDebug file) from being sent out from within the organization. Should that be the case here, an alternative solution is to send the information via a personal email account.

Thank you,

Bob

Thanks for letting me know. I resent it from my personal email account this time.
Diana

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.