USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock Cycling

Hi, I just purchased 2 Hard Drive Docks. They look great and work great most of the time, and I can get speeds in the 2-3 hundred mbps so nice, but I am running into an issue with them. They do not stay constantly connected, intermittently they disconnect and reconnect, it only takes a moment but if that happens during data transfer it interferes with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for contacting Plugable Support, I’ll be happy to help. There can be a number of causes for drives to disconnect. Can you say a bit more about your system?

Specifically I’m wondering about the make and model of your computer and what Operating System and version you are running.

Also, try Updating the USB 3.0 host controllers as this can often fix disconnect issues.

If the updates don’t help or if you’d like me to see if there are updates available, just reply back with the system details and I’ll be happy to see what I can find.

Once we ensure that the host controller drivers are as up to date as possible, we’ll figure out the best next steps to get you up and running.

Thanks,
Jerome

Plugable Technologies

Hey Jerome,

Thanks for the reply, I’m using a Dell Vostro 3560 with windows 8
I’ve updated the usb 3 controller to the newest version and checked everything else system wise seems to be alright, but the problem still happens randomly Thanks

-Jonathan

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any updates on this, all drivers, controllers, etc… are updated and I am still seeing these issues, any help would be appreciated

Hi Jonathan,

If you could shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with the driver and firmware versions of your USB 3.0 Host controller along with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread, we will troubleshoot and figure out the quickest way to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Roze