USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter Doesn't Work On My Samsung "One Connect" 3D 4K UHD TV

I own a Samsung “One Connect” 3D 4k UHD TV. Model # UN55JS9000F. I purchased the Plugable USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter hoping to decrease lag time and buffering when I watch movies on Amazon, ROKU, etc. I plugged the adapter into the USB port on my modem (CenturyLink) and plugged the internet cable into the adapter. I don’t receive an internet signal when I use the adapter. Do you have any suggestions?

Hello Scotty,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee that Smart TV’s are compatible with our Ethernet adapters. TV’s must be designed by the manufacturer to use wired Ethernet via USB.

Also, with respect, the adapter would have to be plugged into a USB port on the TV itself, and not the modem. You’d then run an Ethernet cable from the adapter into your modem/router which may get the TV a wired signal if it’s designed to do so.

If the TV is capable of using the adapter a connection may start automatically, or, you may have to go into the settings. You may want to check with Samsung for more information on this model. I hope this provides helpful information, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Thank you Kevin. The information you provided is very helpful. I understand that I have a unique situation. I appreciate your quick response.
-Monty

Hi Monty,

You’re welcome! Be sure to try setting the adapter up as designed: USB port on TV > Ethernet adapter > Ethernet Cable > Modem/Router. Again with respect, it is still up to the TV model, and whether or not it was built to use a wired Ethernet signal. I hope you can get things working, and please let me know if you need anything else!

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.