USB 3.0 adapter seemingly disconnecting every two seconds, no exaggeration

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop and since it doesn’t have an ethernet port, I got the usb 3.0 ethernet to usb adapter. But when I plug it in, the computer makes the “disconnect” noise that it usually makes when you unplug a usb from the computer; except it does it every two seconds while the usb is still plugged in. For a brief second between disconnects, the ethernet network pops up in my internet access bar, but obviously won’t maintain a signal. I’ve downloaded the proper drivers for the adapter and also tested a different usb in the port and it works, so the issue is something with the adapter.

Hello Cameron,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’d be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

I’m assuming that you have our USB3-E1000? Does it exhibit this issue on a different computer, or only on your XPS?

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Hi, I will jump into this topic as it’s the same issue I’m experiencing.
I will add some context data: Windows 10, Asus laptop, all the usb ports are 3.0 and I tried them all.
Also, disabling energy saving for the usb hub on Windows did help for a day or two, but again, now the adapter keeps flapping on and off every some seconds.

I confirm that the issue is with the adapter USB3-E1000.

Thanks,
Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

Can you please collect a set of system logs using our log-gathering tool at the page below:
http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug/

It will save a .ZIP file to your Desktop which can then be email to us ( support@plugable.com ) for us to have a look and see what the best approach will be.

Thanks!
Gary

Sure thing Gary, I will collect and send them over.

Thank you!

One more thing… Do you need me to refer to this issue by the forum post in any way (some number or so)?