USB 3.0 4K HDMI Adaptater

Hello,
I have bought the USB 3.0 4K HDMI Adaptater to be able to use the second monitor with a higest definition than it is possible with te graphic card of my laptop.
My laptop is a Gygabyte P15FV2, and the max resolution of the screen is 1920*1080. The second second screen is an Eizo CS270, and the max résolution is 2560*1440. Howewer, after installed the driver and the adaptater, the Eizo screen works well, but always in 1920*1440, without possibility to change the resolution to reach the 2560*1440
Could you please help me and tell me what I have to do ?
Thank you, Didier.

Hi Didier,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your adapter. I have already responded to your direct request for help via support@plugable.com, and am repeating some of the information here for the benefit of anyone else following this thread.

Looking at the manual for your monitor here -> https://webcube-general.s3.amazonaws… on page 13 it states that the monitor cannot support 2560x1440 at a 60Hz refresh via its HDMI input. The manual does state that the monitor supports the 2560x1440 resolution via its DisplayPort input.

In order to reach the maximum resolution of your monitor I would recommend making use of 30-day no-hassle return policy to return the UGA-4KHDMI adapter and then make a new purchase of our UGA-4KDP adapter -> http://plugable.com/products/uga-4kdp/ which has a DisplayPort output instead of HDMI.

One important note, given the high-end nature of the monitor you are using I also want to mention that at this time you cannot make use of any color calibration software or hardware on a display connected to one of our adapters. If your requirements include color calibration, I would not recommend our products at this time and I would suggest returning the adapter for a refund.

Let us know if you have any questions about the above information and we will go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for your mail. It is very nice to have a great support as you have done.

Anyway, as you said that the adaptater is not compatible with color calibration hardware / software, I will return it because I am using such equipement with this display. So, I understand that I have ti change my laptop to have a more recent one… But it is an other project !

Thank you again for your help, and have a nice day.

Didier

Hi Didier,

Thanks for getting back, and for your understanding and kind words. You are of course of course very welcome.

Have a good day!

Bob