USB 2.0 UGA Multi-Display Adapter failed after power outage.

I recently had a power outage in my entire house. All of my computer equipment went down. When the power came back on and I turned my system back on. Windows wouldn’t recognize the adapter. It suggests checking to assure the device is properly plugged in. It was. It still didn’t work. If that doesn’t work, Windows says I should replace the device. Did the power outage fry the adapter?

A bit of background - this adapter has never worked smoothly. The display is jagged and I can’t change the refresh rate - only one option is provided. I’ve started using only a DOS-type application on the 2nd screen, since it isn’t as visually intense as other applications. Then the next issue was that the computer would only recognize the second screen on one out of every three boots. If it didn’t come up the first time, I’d have to reboot one or two more times before Windows did recognize the device. Thirdly, the last time it did work, when it first came up for the first half hour or so the image would blink off and on. I was using the app mostly to read information, so I could live with that by waiting for the image to re-appear. Eventually the on/off problem resolved itself and I could see the image for the rest of the day.

Obviously, I’d like a device with sharp resolution that works continuously every time my system is turned on, but if your device can’t do that, can I at least get it to work again after a power outage or is it toast?

Hi nolanmadson,

Sorry to hear about the power outage and the problems with your UGA video adapter. We’ll be happy to get you fixed up!!! You should definitely be able to have a crisp display and have it work every time you boot your computer. I have a couple of questions for you so we can determine our next steps.

1. What is the make and model of your computer and monitor?

2. What Operating System are you running?

3. Which USB Graphics Adapter do you have?

Thanks for your reply,
Jerome.

I could have sworn I responded to your questions, but I don’t see my response here.

1. computer - HP Pavilion Elite HPE-310t CTO Desktop PC
     Monitor - Acer LCD Model # G185H
  2. Windows 7 (64-bit)
  3. Model UGA-125

Nolan

Hi Again Nolan.

Thanks for the reply!!! Some quick things to check, is the DisplayLink manager software running? You can tell by looking in the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen for the small blue square icon, if you click on it have a menu with settings. Also, if you look in Device Manager, the should be an entry for “USB Display Adapter”. Listed in “Properties” for that device, what is the hardware id?

Just reply back with these details and we’ll figure out where to go from here.

Also, can you send us an email to support@plugable.com containing your Amazon order ID and the serial number of the unit you have there?

Thanks,
Jerome.

I responded via email to support@plugable.com.
Nolan

Thanks Nolan, we’ll follow up with you shortly.

Jerome.