USB 2.0 Switch is confused.

I have the USB 2.0 Sharing switch. I have port A on a windows 10 box and port B on a linux box. when i switch from A to B, the linux box doesnt get the device. switching back to A windows gets the device back. If i do this 6 times, linux (on b) get the device, but its showing that its connected to A.

I also noticed that I can use the device on B regularly as long as I hold down the button. As soon as I release the button, the computer loses connection to the device.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for contacting Plugable! Sorry to hear about the issues with your USB switch.

Does this issue still occur on the same port if you 1) swap the USB cables, or 2) swap computers from port A to port B? This will help isolate the cause to the USB switch, a USB cable, or a certain computer. Example setups for testing below:

Current setup: Computer A > USB cable A > USB switch port A and Computer B > USB cable B > USB switch port B
Test 1: Computer A > USB cable B > USB switch port A and Computer B > USB cable A > USB switch port B
Test 2: Computer A > USB cable A > USB switch port B and Computer B > USB cable B > USB switch port A

If the issue seems to be a certain computer, try different USB ports on that computer (USB 2.0, USB 3.) to determine if it affects all USB ports or only certain ones. We’d also like to know more about your Linux system (mobo model, OS, etc).

Once I have a bit more information about the nature of the behavior, I can provide next steps. Please email me at support@plugable.com for an even faster response.

Thank you,
Jordan
Plugable Technologies