USB 2.0 sharing switch -dual monitors not recognized Dell laptop

my USB 2.0 sharing switch doesn’t recognize the dual monitors when I switch to the Dell laptop. They work when I switch to the desktop. The mouse and keyboard work on both. Any ideas?

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable!

I’m sorry that you’re seeing this issue with your USB Switch.

First, does this issue still occur on the same port if you 1) swap the USB cables, or 2) swap computers from one USB “Type-B” (port on the switch) to the other? This will help isolate the cause to the USB switch, a USB cable, or a certain computer.

Since the issue seems to be the Dell laptop, try different USB ports on that computer (USB 2.0, USB 3.0) to determine if it affects all USB ports or only certain ones.

Lastly, If these steps don’t help, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable Switch connected to your system (with the non-working displays still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

Please send the files with the email subject as “Ticket #370755”.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Omar D.
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.