USB 2.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter 10/100/1000 Mbps Won't Connect to my 300 Mbps Router

I installed the Windows 10 Driver for my Adapter. I checked the Device Manager and it indicated the Adapter was operating Correctly. The Yellow Link Light is constantly on showing I have a connection to my Router (300 Mbps up & down) with ALLO as my ISP. No matter how I configure the Adapter it shows a Red X by Ethernet 3 (the PC’s designation for it). I’ve tried the Network Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Pro but it can’t find any reason why the Adapter is not connecting to the Router. Do you have any suggestions for how to configure the Adapter to connect properly with the Router? I have access to the Router’s Setup for Internet, IPv4, and Ethernet properties. I know the IP address of the Router, it’s Subnet Mask & default Gateway as well as the Primary & secondary DNS addresses. Nothing I’ve tried seems to work. I expected the Adapter would Self-Configure to the Router but it seems that isn’t happening. What should I try next?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I do apologize for the trouble, and I am here to help! Are you able to try the adapter on another computer to see if you get the same result? I would definitely suggest to do that. I’d also like to take a look at how the adapter is communicating with your computer. If you would, please make sure the adapter is connected normally to your computer, and run our handy diagnostic tool at the following link: https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug/.

A zipped folder with the results will be placed on your desktop after running the tool. If you would, please reach out to us directly at: support@plugable.com and attach the diagnostic. That way, the information goes directly to us, and isn’t posted on the forum. I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thank you,

Kevin
support@plugable.com

Hello again,

Thanks for getting back to us! I wanted to post this here in case anyone else is dealing with the same issue. I am sorry for the trouble, but really glad to hear that trying a new Ethernet cable did the trick for you.

I would suggest to put the adapter through some regular use case testing and maybe see how performance is with video/audio streaming, or any downloads you may need. Please let me know if anything comes up during your testing, and i’ll be here to help!

Thank you, and I hope you have a great rest of the week and weekend!

Kevin
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.