USB 2.0 for 3rd monitor alone or must all 3 monitors run from USB adapter

I am currently running 2 monitors from nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ under Windows 7 - just purchased your USB 2 adapter to add a third large monitor. My question is first will this work or must I run all three monitors with USB 2 adapters?

Thanks for asking!

You should be able to add a third monitor using one of our DisplayLink adapters in conjunction with your two previously attached monitors. There’s no requirement that all displays be connected in a certain way.

If you have any issues, please contact us at support@plugable.com so we can help!

Thanks Sam, it’ll be a little while before I try it out but I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

I have used multiple different configurations with built-in video, nVidia or other GPUs, and even different DisplayLink chipset version USB devices with no significant issues.

The only big problem is if you try to use NON-DisplayLink USB video adapters with DisplayLink devices. That doesn’t seem to ever work. No great loss.

Thanks for jumping in! You’re correct, generally other USB graphics adapters will not work with DispayLink adapters, they tend to interfere with each other (competing for resources).

Hey Don, I haven’t heard back from you in a while, so I’m hoping you were able to fix the issue. If not, contact me at support@plugable.com so I can help!