USB 2.0 ETHERNET ADPTERWILL NOT DOWN LOAD DRIVER

I HAVE A VERIZON WIRELESS INTERNET EXTERNAL MODEM THAT HAS TWO USB MALE PLUGS THAT CONNECT TO MY COMPUTER (IT WORKS FINE). I BOUGHT A USB 2.0 ETHERNET ADAPTER 10/100/1000 AND THE DRIVER WILL NOT DOWN LOAD. IS YOUR SOFT WARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH VERIZON?

Hi Rodney,

We’re happy to help. I assume you have one of our Plugable brand gigabit ethernet adapters. Let’s get the driver installed - there won’t be any special issues with Verizon.

In terms of the problem you’re hitting, are we correct in guessing your system is trying to download a driver at a point in time when your computer doesn’t have Internet connectivity (because the modem is unplugged)?

If so, you’ll want to install off the included CD. The mini-CD with drivers is tucked away inside the paper portion of the gigabit ethernet adapter packaging. You should be able to insert that CD and install the driver - let us know if you have any trouble.

If you can’t use a mini-CD (e.g. slot-loading drives), or want to get the latest driver (which we always recommend), then get back to having Internet connectivity (perhaps by connecting with USB directly to the Verizon modem), open a browser to confirm you’re able to reach the Internet, then visit http://www.asix.com.tw/download.php?s… to download the right driver. You’ll need to know what version of Windows you’re on, and whether it’s 32 or 64-bit (if it’s Vista or Win7). If you let us know what OS, we can point you directly at the right driver.

Once you have the driver installed, then you could switch to connecting to the Internet via the new adapter (which we assume is your goal).

Let us know if this helps - if we’re on track. And any more background you can give would be helpful.

Best wishes and thanks for your patience!
Bernie

Hi Rodney - Just let us know if there are any open problems here. Thank you!