USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter not working after installation on my Macbook Air 13"

Having problem after installation of your USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter for my Macbook Air 13 ". Seem s many have same problem.

Its says the USB is connected but it does not work. I followed all the steps in the instructions but to no avail. Very frustrating so would be very grateful for a solution to my problem.

Obviously its some configuration or set up detail that needs adjusting or attending to.

Please help or advise please

Hi Winson,

Thanks for posting your question here!I’m sorry to know that you are having trouble with one of our USB Ethernet Adapters. Let’s figure out what is going wrong here.

Some quick questions to understand the setup and the issue better:

1. Do you have the Plugable USB2-E1000 or the Plugable USB2-E100? If you have trouble figuring out which model you have, just shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and we will pull this information from there.

2. Which version of OS X is currently installed on the Macbook Air?

3. What ASIX driver version is installed on the system?

4. Is the Ethernet cable connected to the Ethernet Adapter? If yes, what (modem,router , switch, another system…) is connected on the other side of the Ethernet cable?

5. What LED behavior do you see?

Once you post back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze

Dear Roze,

Many thanks for your email. I hope that you can solve my issue for me.

Just looking around at the various blogs, there seem to be a large number of your customers who are experiencing the similar problems when its for a Macbook Air and using or installing the Mac Driver.
There are some solutions proposed in the blogs for the problems, but I cannot really make head or tail of them or the adjustments required.

So, I look forward to your advice. Here are my answers below to your questions:

1. Do you have the Plugable USB2-E1000 or the Plugable USB2-E100? If you have trouble figuring out which model you have, just shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and we will pull this information from there.
    It is the Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88178 Chipset)

2. Which version of OS X is currently installed on the Macbook Air?
    It is the OS X Version 10.7.3

3. What ASIX driver version is installed on the system?
    AX 88178 Macintosh 10.4 to 10.7 Driver v 3.6.0_20111014

4. Is the Ethernet cable connected to the Ethernet Adapter? If yes, what (modem,router , switch, another system…) is connected on the other side of the Ethernet cable?
    Yes, it is a 5-Port 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Switch, bought from Maplin Electrical Store in London (Supports TP interface Auto MDIX Function for auto TX/RX Swap, Support Jumbo Frame, IEEE802.3X Flow control for Full-Duplex, Green Ethernet)

5. What LED behavior do you see?
    By this do you mean the LED lights up on the router/switch box? If so, they are lit up continuously, but with a blink every 3 seconds or so.

Hope you can work it out, thanks
W

Dear Roze

Just to add on the LED activity, (on the USB Ethernet adapter itself):

• Link light is on green constantly
  • ACT light is off and blinks orange every 2 seconds

Thanks
Winson

Dear Roze,

I actually managed to solve this, after manually adjusting some of the settings on the network preference it seems to be working fine now.

Though I must say (though it is a 10/100/1000 adapter) it does not seem noticeably that much faster than the Apple USB Ethernet Adapter which is a 10/100 one, now that I have it working and have tested it out.

If you have any hints or comments on speed let me know!

Anyhow, thanks for you help meantime.
Best,
Winson

Winson,

Glad to know that the Plugable USB2-E1000 is working fine now.

Here is a link to a post which shows the comparison of speeds that can be attained using our Plugable USB2-E1000 , PCI-Gigabit Ethernet and USB 10/100 : http://plugable.com/2012/03/14/usb-gi…

Hope the above information helps! Do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if you need any additional information.

Regards,
Roze