usb 2.0 ethernet adapter does not work

lights do not flash what is up

Hi Sang,

Thanks for posting here! The green LED on our USB 2.0 Ethernet adapters is an indication that the Ethernet cable plugged into the adapter is live and it stays steady as long as the live cable is plugged in. The blinking amber LED is an indications that data is transferring through the adapter.

Both these LEDs will not light up when:

1. The adapter is not receiving enough power because it is plugged into a port that does not provide the required 500mA of power
  2. The drivers for the adapter have not installed properly or is corrupted
  3. The Ethernet Cable plugged in is not live or is faulty
  4. The adapter has failed

Let’s figure out what is causing the issue and how to solve it:

1. Do you have the Plugable USB2-E1000 USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter or the Plugable USB2-E100 USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter?

2)What is the make and model of the system to which the adapter is connected and the current version of OS installed?

1. Do you know which version of drivers are installed for the adapter on the system?

2. Is the adapter connected to the system through an inbuilt USB 2.0 port or via a hub? If it is connected via a hub, is the hub self powered and capable of providing 500 mA of power per port?

3. Could you confirm that the Ethernet cable connected to the adapter is live? If you connect the same Ethernet cable to a different Ethernet port (on a different system), can you transfer data via this cable?

Once you post back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze

Thanks Roze for the quick reply. Sorry mine was not.

1. i have an older version of the fast Ethernet Adapter
  2. I want to use it with a wii U
  3. I do not know the version of the drivers
  4. it is connected to the usb port built in and is self powered.
  5. it is a good cable i plugged it into my laptop

Sang,

Thanks for the information! Wii U has inbuilt support for Plugable USB2-E100. On a Wii U, the green and amber LEDs only light up if a live Ethernet cable is plugged into the adapter and Wii U has been configured to use Wire Ethernet instead of WiFi.

The instructions to get wired connectivity on Wii U using our Plugable USB2-E100 is as follows:

1. Turn off the Wii U
  2. Plug the Plugable USB2-E100 to the Wii U via the USB port making sure that the connection is tight enough
  3. Plug in an Ethernet cable into the Plugable USB2-E100 making sure that the connector is well seated in the port
  4. Turn on the Wii U
  5. Configure the settings to turn off the wireless and turn on wired connection

Could you give it a try once again making sure that all the connections are tight enough and let me know how it goes?

Regards,
Roze