USB 2.0 Drive doesn't always re-connect, rebooting UD-CAM fixes issue

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro, no touchbar, with 8 GB RAM and 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 processor. MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

I installed the UD-CAM a couple weeks ago, the display support has been flawless so far. I started noticing a problem with my USB 2.0 1 TB drive I use for Time Machine backups.

Sometimes when I re-connect my MacBook Pro to the UD-CAM, the USB 2.0 drive does not re-connect. I almost always eject the USB drive from OSX before I unplug my MacBook Pro from the UD-CAM,.

A reboot of the UD-CAM allows the UCS 2.0 drive to re-connect.

I connect my display (Acer H272HUL) via HDMI, and I also use a USB Mac keyboard from an old iMAC. I have not used the wired ethernet connection yet.

Thoughts?

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this behavior, but I would be more than happy to assist!

This sounds as if it is an enumeration issue, one that occurs when the device is reconnected while the system is powered on, and the dock is reconnected. If you eject the disk, disconnect the dock, and then turn off the dock, and then reconnect the dock and power it on, does the same issue occur?

If you only have the USB 2.0 driver connected, and no other USB devices connected, does the same issue occur? Does you old iMac keyboard have USB ports available on it?

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.