USB 2.0 Docking Station - Keyboard and Mouse do NOT work

Just bought a Plugable USB 2.0 Docking Station. Set it up on my Windows 7 laptop per the instructions that came with the DS. When Windows discovered the devices attached, the appropriate drivers installed and said they were successful. However, the keyboard and mouse attached to the DS do NOT work at all! Only the laptop touchpad works.

I’m on an Asus UX31 ultrabook. Windows 7 Home Premium.

I’ve read the manual but found no troubleshooting or even mention of keyboard or mouse (other than a picture showing them connected). Googled and found nothing - I’m hoping someone here can give me a clue as to what to try. If I can’t get this resolved, I’ll have to return the DS.

Can someone help? Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to know that you are having trouble getting the keyboard and mouse working.

Couple of quick questions-:

1. Do you have the Plugable UD-160-A or the Plugable DC-125? If you have trouble figuring out which model you have, just email your Amazon Order ID to support@plugable.com and we will pull out this information from it.

2. Does the display connected through the Graphics port work?

Once you post back with this information we will figure out the next steps.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Roze

Thanks for the reply!

1. Item model number: UD-160-A

2. Yes, the display works fine in all configurations (e.g extended)

Update: it works! Not sure why, but in trying some more testing this AM I got it to work. Sorry for the confusion - very happy with the DS!

Mark,

Glad to know that everything works fine! Do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if ever need any information or help regarding any of our products. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze