USB 2.0 Display adapter not recognized when plugged in via USB

Hello, I have the Plugable USB 2.0 display adapter and am having a problem with it. When I plug it into my HP laptop (Elitebook 8540w) it is briefly recognized and then immediately disconnected. I have tried to upgrade to the latest display link driver and also the latest NEC USB drivers for my laptop. Neither step has fixed the problem.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with the Aero theme enabled. I have 8GB of memory with an Intel I7 processor.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian Reed

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your USB 2.0 display adapter. I just have a couple of questions to help determine whats happening. Can you tell me which model of USB display adapter you have? Also, what operating system and version are you running?

If it’s Windows, can you say what shows up for the device in device manager? To start Device Manager, just click on the start button, then type device manager in the search box and press enter.

Near the bottom there should be an entry called “USB display adapters”. If you double click on it, what is listed inside?

Let me know these additional details and we’ll figure out our next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.