Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

I have the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connected to an HP ENVY with Windows 10. The blue light is on the plugable but it says it does not recognize it (Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I have installed the drivers manually from the website and it still does not recognize it.

Hi Reyna,

Thanks for posting!

Based off your report, I’d like to request some logs from your HP Envy computer to best investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable UD-CAM dock connected to your computer (with everything still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com and include “Ticket #327709” in the subject line so that we can match up the details to this forum post.

Additionally, please include the Amazon Order ID associated with the dock in the email.

Thank for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.