Unable to use both ports of the Dual HDMI /Thunderbolt 3 connector

I have just bought tbt3-hdmi2x (K16-00061530) for my Thinkpad T470 company laptop with the hope to have both my 1080p monitors in use with the latest version of Windows 10. Thunderbolt Software package states 17.3.74.400 and latest on Lenovo site. I am unable to configure or use both ports and have not found any sort of logical setting to change to make this work. Any idea out there or did I buy the wrong brand device?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Most Thunderbolt 3 ports can support either one or two monitors using adapters like the TBT3-HDMI2X, depending on the manufacturer’s specifications. From our experience the Lenovo Thinkpad T series notebooks normally will only support one monitor on the Thunderbolt 3 port. I can offer to return and refund this graphics adapter, please send an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line 'Ticket #223972 - Attention Pat" and let me know your Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) and I can go ahead and start the return process. We will provide a prepaid shipping label for returning the video adapter.

I am sorry this adapter did not work out for you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support