Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service. Windows 7 machine

HP Pavillion laptop probably about 5 years old Basic Windows 7 install

Hi Darrius,

Thank you for posting about your Bluetooth adapter. I’m sorry about the troubles with it.

Usually an inability to start the Bluetooth service indicates a deeper problem with the drivers or the Bluetooth stack itself.

Could you run our diagnostic program? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what is happening.

To do this, please plug the adapter into your computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email at support@plugable.com.

Please put “For Ticket #173795” in the subject line.

I’ll examine it as soon as I get it. We should be able to spot the trouble.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

Hi Darrius,

I’m just checking back to see if you were able to get your Bluetooth adapter working. Please let me know.

David
Plugable Support

Good timing! Just got a chance to try. It today and the Bose workaround got me going. Yay! Thanks for all the great support! You may close the ticket.

Good timing! Just got a chance to try. It today and the Bose workaround got me going. Yay! Thanks for all the great support! You may close the ticket.

Glad you got it working!

For the benefit of others reading this, because the Bluetooth stack in the computer seemed badly damaged, we used a workaround that installs a completely new Bluetooth stack on the computer, bypassing the damaged one. It worked in this case.

I’m going to close this thread. If there are any questions or further issues, please contact us directly at support@plugable.com. Thanks!