Unable to maintain rotation to portrait mode on HP L1750

I have installed a plugable USB 2.0 UGA multi-display adapter on a HP Compaq 8200 Elite system, with two Hewlett Packard L1750 monitors, except for one issue: When I rotate the image on the screen so that a document can be edited in portrait mode, the rotation reverts back to landscape mode after about 5 seconds.

All of the latest drivers have been installed for the HP, and I have installed the HP software to rotate the image. I have tried to rotate using the HP software and using the Intel software. I have tried to rotate with the monitor in both landscape and portrait modes.

What can I do to keep the portrait orientation?

Hi Alan-

Thanks for posting with your challenges, I’m confident we’ll be able to help.

It sounds like there may be more than one application fighting to control the display’s rotation.

Normally, the DisplayLink software will be able to handle this on it’s own, without any additional utility from the PC or Monitor manufacturer- depending on the operating system. As of Windows 7, no additional utilities should be needed.

Can you please verify whether you’re running Windows XP/Vista/7? From there I should be able to recommend the beset setup.

We have seen a lot of issues with multiple monitor management utilities on the same system before, so my best advice is to uninstall the HP software (leaving monitor drivers is fine, it’s the HP application we suspect might be a challenge).

Thanks again for posting and best wishes!

Jeff Everett
MCITP Enterprise Suppor Tech
Plugable Technologies

Thank you for getting back to me. Denise Davis is the user. She is running XP. I will uninstall HP’s monitor rotation software. Meanwhile, can you send me instructions on how to rotate the screen using your technology?

Thanks
Alan

Hi Alan,

I just wanted to check and see if you’ve gotten your issue resolved. If not, for a quick overview, there’s two ways you can rotate the DisplayLink connected display in Windows XP. The first is to use Windows built tools as described in this article:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5146797_rotat…

The second is to use the DisplayLink User Interface. This is accessed by clicking on the DisplayLink Icon in the lower right corner of the screen, there you should see options to rotate the screen.

Let me know if there’s anything else we can do.

Thanks,
Jerome.