Unable to connect two external Dell monitors to Alienware laptop

I have an Alienware 17 R4 laptop that I am trying to connect to two external monitors (both Dell Ultrasharp U2414H). I am using the Plugable USB dual monitor docking station and have one monitor connected to the station with a display port/HDMI cable and the second monitor is connected with a display port/DVI cable, neither are working
I have also plugged in a keyboard to the docking station that works great so I know that my computer and the docking station are talking, but my computer isn’t recognizing the monitors at all. The only way it seems my computer will recognize a monitor is if I plug it directly into the laptop via the mini display port (but of course there is only one of these and it defeats the purpose of the docking station completely.
I am at a total loss…help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist.

Based on the description of the issue, we could be running into a problem associated with the individual conversion cables you are attempting to utilize. When you have a moment, could you reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com with the individual Amazon Order ID Number associated with your purchase, so that we can get to the bottom of the issue! Please include “Ticket no. 208134” in the subject line so that we can keep all of your information into one ticket.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone!

Amanda was able to reach out to us directly, and we worked through some additional troubleshooting steps to determine that the issue she was running into was related to the individual DisplayPort to HDMI cables she was utilizing.

Cables like this are not Bi-Directional, which means they cannot be utilized for connecting a DisplayPort based display to an HDMI source (such as our docking stations)

She was able to find the correct cables she needed, and get everything up and running!

If anyone else has any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support