Unable to change resolution of third monitor on windows 10 (showing up as "No Monitor" in windows display settings)

I have been trying to get the USB docking station working with my 3 monitor setup, I am using the following:
Laptop: HP EliteBook 850 G7
Docking Station: Plugable UD-6950
Monitors (two total): Acer SB220Q

The problem I am seeing is that I cannot adjust the resolution of the third connected monitor in the display settings. It is locking it at 640x480. When I look in the advanced options, it is being listed as “No Monitor”. The other monitor is showing up as SB220Q correctly and it allows me to adjust the resolution. Attaching screenshot of what I see for the problematic display:

I ran the steps in https://support.plugable.com/t/ud-6950-resolution-issues/18257 since it seemed like a similar issue, but it did not resolve my issue.

I thought it may be an issue with one of my cables (HDMI → DP) or monitors, so I tried all of these different combinations (just attaching one monitor at a time):

• DP Port 1 + Cable 1 + Monitor 1 => worked fine
  • DP Port 1 + Cable 1 + Monitor 2 => worked fine
  • DP Port 1 + Cable 2 + Monitor 1 => worked fine
  • DP Port 1 + Cable 2 + Monitor 2 => worked fine
  • DP Port 2 + Cable 1 + Monitor 1 => saw the issue
  • DP Port 2 + Cable 1 + Monitor 2 => saw the issue
  • DP Port 2 + Cable 2 + Monitor 1 => saw the issue
  • DP Port 2 + Cable 2 + Monitor 2 => saw the issue

From this I can only gather there is something wrong with one of the ports on the device from being able to detect the monitor information. Can you please provide assistance on what I can do to troubleshoot the issue?

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support.

We would like to take a closer look at your UD-6950 and system to better help assist but require some additional information. Instead of posting that information here, could you please contact us directly via email? To do this, please email us at support@plugable.com. In the subject of your direct email, please reference case which will allow us to match things up and then provide the next steps.

Apologies for the extra steps in the process, and we thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Best regards,

Michael S.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.