I have been trying to get the USB docking station working with my 3 monitor setup, I am using the following:
Laptop: HP EliteBook 850 G7
Docking Station: Plugable UD-6950
Monitors (two total): Acer SB220Q
The problem I am seeing is that I cannot adjust the resolution of the third connected monitor in the display settings. It is locking it at 640x480. When I look in the advanced options, it is being listed as “No Monitor”. The other monitor is showing up as SB220Q correctly and it allows me to adjust the resolution. Attaching screenshot of what I see for the problematic display:
I ran the steps in https://support.plugable.com/t/ud-6950-resolution-issues/18257 since it seemed like a similar issue, but it did not resolve my issue.
I thought it may be an issue with one of my cables (HDMI → DP) or monitors, so I tried all of these different combinations (just attaching one monitor at a time):
- DP Port 1 + Cable 1 + Monitor 1 => worked fine
- DP Port 1 + Cable 1 + Monitor 2 => worked fine
- DP Port 1 + Cable 2 + Monitor 1 => worked fine
- DP Port 1 + Cable 2 + Monitor 2 => worked fine
- DP Port 2 + Cable 1 + Monitor 1 => saw the issue
- DP Port 2 + Cable 1 + Monitor 2 => saw the issue
- DP Port 2 + Cable 2 + Monitor 1 => saw the issue
- DP Port 2 + Cable 2 + Monitor 2 => saw the issue
From this I can only gather there is something wrong with one of the ports on the device from being able to detect the monitor information. Can you please provide assistance on what I can do to troubleshoot the issue?