ULTCDL will not connect to Lenovo X1C G6

Having some issues with an ULTCDL where I can not connect to it through my lenovo X1 Carbon Gen6.

I’ve tried:

• Using another X1CG6 and on the alternate USB/TB port - same issue.
  • I bought a new tbt3-40g80cm cable from plugable, and that didn’t help.
  • Have followed some of the tips here, but no luck.

I’m running latest lenovo drivers, clean install of DisplayLink Manager. No issues connecting to other displayport devices directly to laptop (e.g. Dell P2419HC via usb c/TB port).
When the ULTCDL is plugged in, I hear the “connect” sound a couple times followed by a “disconnect” sound from Windows. Can’t tell what’s happening in device manager.
The dock was functional a couple months or so ago on the same system(s). Perhaps it’s windows update related?

Let me know if you want the plugdebug zip emailed to support while it’s plugged in?

Thanks!

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Did the dock ever work correctly? Or is this the first time getting it setup?

If you’re able to run our diagnostics (http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) while the dock is connected, that would be great. If you mention ticket “311773” in the subject and email to support@plugable.com we’ll take a look to see if anything stands out.

However, given the dock hasn’t worked on two systems, and with a replacement cable, it’s possible there’s something wrong with the dock itself. When you email the diagnostics, if you can also include:

1. Amazon Order ID # or other proof of purchase
  2. Serial # off the bottom of the dock
  3. Best shipping address

We can then issue a replacement if needed if we’re unable to find anything conclusive in the diagnostics.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Yes, the dock was working earlier this year. It was on “daily driver” duty since purchase. When it started acting up, I had the family member swap it out with a different dock until I could look at it. Obviously, it took me a while to get around to it.

Email sent!

Thanks for the help,
Jacob H

1 Like

Thanks for the info and for sending the diagnostics! I will see what I can find and report back with some suggestions.

Best wishes!
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.