ULTC4K dropping connection momentarily

I’ve got 3 monitors connected to my ULTC4K docking station. Periodically my connection hiccups and turns off for a 2 count, then turns back on. Annoying, but not the end of the world, albeit I do have to reposition open apps that revert to my laptop screen when the display turns off. Curiously, I have 2 of these docking stations so I can connect my laptop at home or office, and I’ve had this intermittent issue at both locations. Suggests it may be an issue with my Dell Precision 7550, but its got a NVDIA Quadro T2000 card, so that would surprise me. Any ideas?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Based on your description of the behavior occurring with two docking stations at two locations the most likely cause of this is either an out of date driver in the host computer, or a software incompatibility causing the disconnection.

Our first step is to get some additional information from your system to check for out of date drivers ( commonly the graphics drivers will be out of date in dual-graphics systems ).

If you would, please keep the dock connected to the computer with monitor(s) connected tot he docking station (even though one may not be working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #369231 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Please let me know if the display reset affects all three displays, or just the two displays connected to the docking station’s DisplayPort outputs. Also if the disconnection affects USB devices connected to the docking station such as the mouse or keyboard.

Additionally does this occur more often when using any specific applications or functions, for example when in video conference calls, or does it seem to be independent of the software running on the computer?

Thank you for these additional details and I look forward to your reply.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Pat_P,

Can I get a ticket number too? I am having the same problem. I will follow the same directions you provided to Piper2630.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us, to help keep track of everything please feel free to email ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line 'UD-ULTC4K Intermittent Display Disconnections - Attention Pat’ with a short description of the behavior you are experiencing in the body of the email and the log file attached to the email. This will ensure your email is sent to me and we will start a separate ticket and we can proceed from here.

Thank you, and I apologize fro the inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com