UGA 4K HDMI works for 5 min then driver fails on Surface Book on anniversary update windows 10

I have a surface book and have just set up the UGA 4K adapter. I did test a few weeks ago but have not been able to setup till today, a few days after the Windows update. What is happening is if I unplug the Plugable it will start working for a few minutes, then it stops working (screen keeps image but is no longer connected) the driver does try to start again but then the device show a fail code 10 cannot start. If I unplug it and wait a while I can plug back in and it will work again for a few minutes then repeats… Please help!!!

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your adapter.

Given your description of the behavior, our first step is to perform a ‘clean’ install. I have actually written about this process when things don’t go as expected after the Anniversary Update has applied here -> http://plugable.com/2016/08/01/window…

Can you follow the six steps in my post for the clean install to see if that helps?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Update: This did not work so I submitted a support email with debug file. However I did order two units so decided to open the other one and give it a try.
I am now smiling :slight_smile: this second unit is working fantastically (did I say I was smiling)

I do have the Amzon purchase details so will request refund or replacement but for now I am just happy it is working…

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear the other unit is working better. In regard to the first unit, please just email your Amazon Order ID number to us directly at support@plugable.com (don’t post that here) and mention ticket # 149562 in the subject line and we can get a replacement unit out to you.

Thank you,

Bob

Bob, # 149562
I am now sad. Day 2 has me in the same place. The second unit is now behaving the same. I have sent an email to support before I read this so do not have the ticket number in it. Did anyone look at the debug file yet. Hopefully that will help. I am so keen to get this second monitor working…

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting back with the update. I checked through our support system and could not find another support ticket number for your email address. When you submitted the other request you should have seen an auto-response that indicated the ticket number assigned. If you can let me know that ticket number I can follow up to see where the wires may have been crossed.

To the original issue, please send a fresh email to support@plugable.com with ‘For Ticket 149562’ in the subject line along with your Order ID and the PlugDebug file and we can go from there.

Thank you for your patience!

Bob

I have resent to support@plugable.com (sent twice as did not send with requested subject line first time) I have sent twice earlier this week as well.
I have not received any email back for any of the three emails. I have checked clutter to be sure. Email was sent from outlook 365 so do not see why you would not have received it.

Bob I am happy to skype or provide my email to facilitate a solution.

Hi Kevin - Found the problem. Your mails to us were all being classified as spam and we weren’t getting them. We’ve pulled them out of spam and whitelisted you, so everything should be good from here on out. Sorry about that! -Bernie

Hi Kevin,

Just to add to Bernie’s comment, I have your two latest emails now. Expect my direct reply shortly.

Thank you for your patience!

Bob

New units arrived so far so good…

:slight_smile:

Kevin