I hope you will please help me.
My UGA-3000 stopped working after some Windows 7 updates.
Tried upgrading to Display Link 7.9M5, but go warning that my USB 3.0 drivers were old. I allowed install to continue, but that did not work.
I updated to latest Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver and uninstalled DL. Upon re-installing DL, the installer indicated the system passed the system test. However, the UGA is not successfully connecting to the system. I get the two error chimes. Device manger shows the correct name of the device, but with the typical exclamation point indicating it can’t find the right drivers.
BTW, I also updated my Intel graphics drivers.
I hope you will please help me.
Thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that our adapter stopped working after Windows updates and I will be happy to help!
Thank you for your description of the behavior and the troubleshooting steps you have already taken. Based off this (apologies to some steps that may seems redundant to what you have already done), we will want to reinstall the DisplayLink software and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure that the software is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 7.9 M5 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If that helps, great! If not, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug --> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. When the utility completes it will notify you a file has been created and provide our direct email support address to send the file (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send the file to that address with ‘Ticket 142844’ in the subject line so we can match everything up and we will go from there.
Thank you so much David. I was able to address the problem. In case it helps you or someone else, I’ve attached a list of the updates that were performed, one or more of which caused the issue.
Fortunately for me, I have two identical systems with UGA-3000s, one was afflicted, but the other had not had the patches applied yet. I hide the Windows updates from the healthy system, cloned it’s drive to the system in trouble, then slowly installed the M/S updates in small groups in an effort to find out which update caused the issue so I could permanently hide it.
I failed to repeat the UGA problem, though. When the problem had initially occurred, the UGA was connected to a hub, both of which were affected. After they were affected, I had connected the UGA directly to the PC, with no joy. I left the UGA connected directly to the PC (rather than through the hub) during my troubleshooting, which unfortunately allowed me to apply all the updates without reproducing the issue with the UGA. At the end of my updating, I did find the hub was affected again, so updating did affect USB 3.0 operation, but I do not know which update(s) were the cause. I resolved that last issue with a USB-host driver update.
I hope this is helpful