UGA-2k-A - Screen resets Intermittently

Every so often, my screens reset to may laptop then refreshs back. Takes about 10-15 seconds. This places all my open windows on my laptop, which forces me to redrag them to the second monitor and resize.
Extremetly inconvienent.
Any ideas?

Hi David,

Thanks for posting here! The reset that you are seeing is an indication of a connect disconnect occurring. The most common causes for that are:

1. The USB port through which the Plugable UGA-2K-A is connected is faulty or not providing enough power causing intermittent disconnects.

2. The cable through which the Plugable UGA-2K-A is connected to the system is failing causing the intermittent disconnects.

3. The connection between the USB port and the Plugable UGA-2K-A is not tight enough

4. If connected through a USB 3.0 port on the system, old versions of USB 3.0 host controller drivers could cause these intermittent disconnects

5. A failing unit

Try connecting the Plugable UGA-2K-A to a different inbuilt USB 2.0 port on the system making sure that the connections between the system and the adapter are tight enough. This will help confirm/rule out a faulty port as the cause.

If you continue to see the issue, try swapping the USB cable with a known good one if you have a spare to confirm/rule out a failing cable as the cause.

If you continue to see the issue on all USB ports on the system and with different cables, then run the DisplayLink Support Tool (instructions here:http://plugable.com/support/displayli…) and send us the .zip generated by it on the desktop as an attachment at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread.

This will give us a better insight to what is going on the software side. Once we analyze the .zip, we will figure out the steps to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Roze