UGA-2K-A not working with new motherboard

Several months ago I purchased one of the UGA-2K-A’s from Amazon. I loved it so much I bought another one a few weeks later.

Today, I got a new motherboard for my computer (an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3), and now the device has stopped working! I’ve tried re-installing the drivers, swapping the USB cables, connecting it to different USB ports, and even setting it up on a different computer… nothing. The green LED doesn’t even come on.

Device manager shows it under “USB Display Adapters” as “USB Display Adapter” and whenever I connect or disconnect it, device manager flickers and refreshes.

Any ideas for me to get it working again?

Hi David,

Thanks for posting here! I’m sorry to know that the Plugable UGA-2K-A is no longer working.

Could you run the DisplayLink support tool (instructions here: http://plugable.com/support/displayli… ) and email the generated .zip to support@plugable.com along with your Amazon Order ID and a link to this thread?

It will give us a better insight as to what is going on. Once we analyze the .zip, we will figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze