UGA-2K-A device losing connection to computer due to moderate video activity

I have a UGA-2K-A connected to a Samsung TV via HDMI. I have two other regular monitors and the system is a Dell Latitude notebook. Everything is plugged into the docking station. Any moderate activity on the Samsung causes the UGA-2K-A to reset. It acts like it loses power, I hear the USB change sound as it loses the USB device and hear the sound again as it recognizes it. Lowering the resolution helps but not much. This of course causes the monitors to readjust to which screen apps are viewable on.

Hi proverbs3.9,

Thanks for posting here! I’m sorry to know that you are having trouble with the Plugable UGA-2K-A. Repeated connects/disconnects usually occur when the unit is not getting the required power from the port it is plugged on.

Some quick questions to understand the setup and the issue better :

1. What is the current version of OS installed on the system?

2. What is the make and model of the Docking Station through which the Plugable UGA-2K-A is connected?

3. If you unplug the Plugable UGA-2K-A from the Docking station and plug it into an inbuilt USB port on the Dell Latitude, do you continue to see the same behavior?

4. Sometimes a faulty cable can also cause this issue. So if you continue to see the same behavior on different USB ports, try swapping out the USB A to mini-B cable and let us know if the issue persists.

Once you post back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Thanks for your patience while we figure this out!

Regards,
Roze