UGA-165 with 1920x1080 display - can I play movies?

Hello,
I am considering Plugable UGA-165 to add a second external monitor to my laptop docking station. I read some reviews saying it is not very smooth when connected to a 1920x1080 display. Does it really support this resolution? What should I really expect?

thanks
Manyam

Hi Manyam!

Many thanks for your post and for your question!

The UGA-165 definitely supports 1920x1080. The issue is how well video playback performs on this resolution.

If you do not care for video games and movies, then you most likely won’t notice any lagging. However if you do, then it all depends on your system configuration.

In our office for example we are playing full motion video on 1920x1280 with no noticeable lag. However, the laptop connected to the monitor is an AMD Phenom II X3 2.1 GHz with 4GB of RAM and an ATI Radeon video card.

As you can see there are a few variables to consider that can affect performance.

It all depends on your intended usage of our products.

If you give us more details on your system we may be able to more accurately predict how good performance will be.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Lampros

Thank you very much for the response.

Here are the details of my laptop.
Asus V2S
Intel Centrino Core2 Duo
NVidia GForce 8600M GS

I have already connected a 1920x1280 display to the laptop. I would like to add another identical display.

I don’t need to play full video but I want to make sure it doesn’t have obvious refresh issues.

thanks

Hi Manyam,

With this system you should have no problems running 1920x1080, but we still recommend not using this resolution for video playback.

You should be fine with browsing the internet and office applications.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Regards,
Lampros

OK. I’ll give it a try.
Thanks for the GREAT SUPPORT!